Here is some literature that relates to the 1964 flood.
- USACOE Post Flood Report: Dec. 1964, Jan. 1965 Flood, Portland District. (150 MB)
- CADWR Bulletin 161
- Rostvedt 1970 USGS Professional Paper 10048, Summary of the floods of 1964.
USGS Water Supply Paper 1866:
- Waananen et al., 1970 USGS Water Supply Paper 1866-A: Floods of December 1964 and January 1965 in the Far Western States, Part 1. Description.
- Waananen et al., 1970 USGS Water Supply Paper 1866-B: Floods of December 1964 and January 1965 in the Far Western States, Part 2. Streamflow and Sediment Data
- Helley and LaMarche, 1973 USGS Professional Paper 485 E, Historic Flood Information Northern California Streams
- USGS 1968 USGS Professional Paper 600 D, Scientific notes and summaries of investigations in geology, hydrology, and related fields.
- Kelsey, 1980, A sediment budget and an analysis of geomorphic processes in the Van Duzen River basin, north coastal California, 1941-1975: Summary
- Ritchie et al., 2004 Sediment deposition in the flood plain of Stemple Creek Watershed, northern California
- Sloan et al., 2001 Response and recovery of the Eel River, California, and its tributaries to floods in 1955, 1964, and 1997.
- Geyer et al, 2001 The structure of the Eel River plume during floods.
- Stewart, 1967, USGS Professional Paper 422-K: Erosion and Deposition Produced by the Flood Of December 1964 On Coffee Creek Trinity County, California
Scientific Investigations Report 2008-5164:
- USGS 2008, Scientific Investigations Report 2008-5164: An Evaluation of Selected Extraordinary Floods in the United States Reported by the U.S. Geological Survey and Implications for Future Advancement of Flood Science.
- Entire Appendix A
- Appendix A for Eel River only